Monday 25 June 2012

The idea...


My name is Trish (aka Tishylou). I'm 34 years old and am Canadian, living in North West England since 2000. I have been engaged to Justin for ages and we're getting ready to start an adventure.

I have decided today that I am going to write a book. I know, I know. Everyone says they're going to write a book. And a lot of people start it, but very few finish. And of those very few, only a couple get published. So how will I be any different? Well, it will be part memoir, part travel journal. You see, we are planning on travelling across the UK in a caravan for a year. We have a random method of choosing where we will head next and a set of rules to follow along the way.

I think I need to do a bit of explaining...

Justin and I sell media products on disks on eBay as our full time job. We sell quite a lot of disks each day and will be able to continue this on the road as it won't take up much room and hardly requires any time or equipment. So, each morning when I do my invoice printing for the postage, I will find the first town that is within 50 miles of where we are currently. We will head there! We will deliver one person's disk to them and ask them, if they had one day to spend in their town, what would they do. And then we will do whatever they tell us to.

This probably will happen in the next 6-9 months and I'm getting really excited by the idea!

What do you think? Txx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun and slightly bonkers at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant - love it! We're hoping to do something similar (without the ebay bit!) in the next couple of years, so I'll be following with interest!

    ReplyDelete