Monday 25 June 2012

Clearing out the Clutter

We have started making preparations for our adventure. We are moving to a smaller house and clearing out alot of stuff. I have hoarding tendancies and collect all sorts. Books, Beanie Babies, shoes, handbags, cds. I have alot of junk!


So, this week I started being ruthless! I have cleared out most of my 2000 Beanie Babies. I have been collecting them since 1996 but have sold all but around 100 of them. Sorting through them was really hard because it was something my Mum and I used to do together, but I just kept reminding myself about The Adventure. We sold pretty much all of our dvd and boxset collection too. Today I sorted out my books. There were alot!! I have (had) so many Stephen King books, many in triplicate and I just don't read them anymore. I'm keeping all my signed books, one of each of my SK hardbacks and a few older editions of others and a handful of my absolute favorite books. That makes me sad as I am a huge bookie! But my Kindle is rather full, so I'll still have loads to read!


We are selling tons of furniture, my Nintendo 3DS is gone, my Wii Rock Band is going too. The house we are currently in is very big and spacious. We had to buy alot of stuff just to make it feel lived in and now that we're downsizing, we don't have anywhere for it to go. It's a daunting process, but I know it will be worth it. Txx

No comments:

Post a Comment